Price Match Guarantee details
- We compare prices on over 25,000 items, so you’ll know you’re saving.
- To help you save even more, we accept manufacturer’s coupons. We happily accept one manufacturer’s and one Target coupon per item. View our Store Coupon policy.
- We organize our stores to make great deals easy to find.
- One-stop shopping saves you time, money and all that driving around.
- We would never ask you to compromise quality for low prices.
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk.
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- For matching competitor ads, including catalogs, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested. For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- Online competitor matching is limited to items sold on Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com by the site owner
- For matching Target.com or online competitors, the retail price must be shown on your mobile device or by bringing in a printed page showing the current price. Online competitor pricing must be validated by a Target team member. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date and retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time price match is requested.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item per guest.
- Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy).
- Prices from other Target or CityTarget stores.
- Online prices from competitors not listed above.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
- “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
- Percent off or dollar off if the retail is not shown in the advertisement.
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
- Buy something, get something offers where exact item matches cannot be verified and/or price for all items is not shown in the advertisement
- Competitor coupon-required.
- Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
- Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
- Offers that include financing.
- Free product where no qualifying purchase is required.
- Bundled offers–including bundled subscriptions–and special purchases.
- Sales tax promotions.
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
- Pricing or typographical errors.
- Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
- Contract cell phone plans and devices.
- Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
- Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.
- All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.
- For printed ads: please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitor’s printed ad.
- For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device.
- A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target’s normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
- Manufacturer coupons: manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
- Target and Cartwheel coupons: Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
- Combining both Target, Cartwheel and manufacturer coupons: the Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupons have been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
- Reminder: we accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.
This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.